Kamtech and KIRDI (Kenya Industrial Research and Development Institute ) have launched ICT Incubation programme in Kenya, Nairobi. It addresses the key issues of entrepreneurial culture in the region,
especially in regard to facilitating the cration of enterprize start ups ; micro, small and medium size enterprizes,
provide hand-holding support till the enterprize matures before moving out of the incubation.
Activities and work plan
The project activities (capacity building and incubation) will cover 1 year. At the end of the two years, 100 entrepreneurs will have been established.
A. Capacity building
Orientation, entrepreneurial training, startup business management training and real time business training will be provided each of which will be of two weeks duration. The complete training will last 224 days.
The training has been implemented on a quarterly basis starting from October 2008.
In each quarter:
B. Software technology business incubation
- 25 graduates of ICT will be recruited by KIRDI
- The 25 graduates will undergo an eight-week training offered by KPO Park Limited.
- The training program has been designed specifically to train them become IT entrepreneurs.
- After completing 8 weeks training they will further take 4 weeks training at Kamtech KPO park experiencing real life project implementations
- The graduates, after undergoing 8 week live project training will undertake a further 2 week business development training by the end of which they will have a business plan. Kamtech KPO Park Ltd. will impart this training and ensure the trainees prepare business development plan for startup
- After 12 months the entrepreneurs will move out from the incubator to their own spaces and carry on the business successfully outside the incubator.
- Next batch of 25 is admitted to the incubation program after three months thus in first year a total of 100 Enterprenuers are admitted and 75 are put to incubation.
Joining ICT Incubation
- The 25 entrepreneurs will be admitted to the IT/ITES/ICT incubation programme and helped to set up, manage and grow their enterprises.
- KIRDI with help from Kamtech Associates Pvt. Ltd. will provide hand holding support by way of common facilitations and common marketing for a period of 8 months, thereafter helping them establish their respective business and start .
To apply for admission please send the completed application form to the following address or email:
Kamtech KPO Park Ltd.
G – 5, Gajraj Apartments,
C – 68, Sarojini Marg, C – Scheme,
Jaipur – 302 001.
Telephone: 0141 – 2373226; 2377559
For further details of the programme visit